12 DAYS OF LUSH CHRISTMAS: "ROSE JAM" SHOWER GEL

December 10, 2015

Alongside "Snow Fairy" I also purchased one of the tiny bottle of "Rose Jam", the second of three limited edition Lush Christmas shower gels! However, unlike "Snow Fairy" I had never previously tried "Rose Jam", nor heard any hype surrounding it - I just picked it up out of curiosity really. So here is a review of my first ever experience with this Christmas special!

LOOKS:



The mass of shower gel in the bottle looks much darker than gel does out of it. However, I do like the deep pink colour, which I would guess is designed to look like the roses of its namesake. The packaging is a little plain, as is the aesthetic of the product.

Overall; 6/10

SCENT:

"Rose Jam" smells absolutely beautiful. Floral and sweet at the same time, thanks to the helpings of vanilla, rose oil and goji berry juice within. I think this shower gel is perfect for every day use!

Overall: 9/10

TEXTURE:

Again, just like "Snow Fairy", this shower gel felt very lovely on the skin, although slightly heavier because of the oils packed inside. 

Overall: 8/10

THE AFTERMATH:

I used this product in the afternoon and several hours later I can still smell the scent on my skin! My skin also feels extremely soft - a very successful shower!

Overall: 8/10

PROS: I think "Rose Jam" is a very sweet product, and should be an addition to everyone's pamper routine. The scent isn't overpowering and it has left my skin feeling great and smelling subtly fragrant.

CONS: Aside from the colour in the bottle, I don't really understand why this product is part of the Christmas range: it has no relation to Christmas whatsoever! Also, like "Snow Fairy" it is pretty much your bog-standard shower gel.

Overall: 7/10; "Rose Jam" is a really great product. I love the scent and I think it's the products most appealing quality; not too floral, not too sweet and not too overpowering. It has left my skin feeling and smelling great. However in terms of being a Christmas exclusive, I think "Snow Fairy" just pips it to the post, although I think that "Rose Jam" has a wider appeal and I really don't understand why it isn't a full-time product because if it was, I would use it all the time!

I hope you have enjoyed this brief review and this concludes the shower gel aspect of my Christmas countdown! However I still have more products in the pipeline and I would love it if you all stayed around to read what I have to say about them!

Rachel x


You Might Also Like

0 comments