LUSH VALENTINE'S RANGE 2018 - MY TOP PICKS

February 01, 2018

I know I've said it time and time again, but truly Lush's seasonal ranges have been bigger and better than years gone by, and every year there are a few stand out products that truly capture my heart. I managed to restrain myself after inflicting significant damage on my bank account after picking up almost every Christmas product (insert my dad / boyfriend crying, "You spent HOW much on bath bombs?") and today I wanted to talk about a few of my favourite's from this year's Valentine's range. I mean, the big day is only a couple of weeks away and if your partner is struggling to find you something cute you could just send him a link to this... wink, wink. For the full list of Valentine's goodies on offer, click here!




Now before I launch into talking about why I love these particular products so much, you may have noticed that my list is rather bath-bomb heavy. What can I say? If I'm not asleep in bed, I'm usually in the bath. There are some really wonderful shower products in this year's range, however some of the scents just weren't for me, hence why only one of those shower products features in my list!


LOVE BOAT BATH BOMB


Sharing its scent with a product from last year's Mother's Day range, Love Boat's aroma is light, bright and sweet due to the sweet wild orange oil and Sicilian lemon oil. It isn't as citrusy as I expected it to be, instead having a love-heart type smell that's so good, you almost want to take a bite. Aesthetically adorable, and a slow fizzer, once it's in the water you can truly appreciate how gorgeous it is. Pastel blues, pinks and yellows create the most beautiful bath art, with confetti hearts on the underside and lots of silver lustre on the inside. This little beauty has been flying off the shelves, and its not hard to understand why. I love the scent, the look and everything about it. 



WHOLE LOTTA LOVE BUBBLEROON (LEFT)


Whole Lotta Love bubbleroon has been an exclusive Valentine's product in many different shapes, names and scents. This year's is by far my favourite, with a smell reminiscent of my favourite discontinued bath bomb Fizzbanger. Lemongrass, bergamot and rose absolute sound like a truly delightful floral concoction, but it has a distinctly spicy note to it which I love. Essentially, Whole Lotta Love is like two bubble bars held together by a layer of shea and murumuru butter, with every buttery layer handpainted with gold glitter, leaving skin soft and maybe a little sparkly. I've stocked up on these bad boys, and as you only need to use as much as you need I know I'll get a whole lotta love and bubbles from them. 


TISTY TOSTY BATH BOMB (TOP)


The Lush aficionados among you may recognise the newly pink Tisty Tosty as one of the products which was sadly discontinued in the summer. I'm glad to see it back, because I love nothing more than a simple bath bomb with a little bit of colour and a few dried rosebuds. if you're a fan of heavy floral smells, this is the bath bomb for you as it contains both woody orris root powder and rose absolute to make a sweet, but almost sensual smell. The story behind the creation of this product is truly lovely, and a great insight into Valentine's traditions from other parts of the world, and it definitely gives me serious romantic vibes when I place one in my bath!


CHERRYISH BODY SCRUB (BOTTOM)


I'm a huge fan of anything cherry-scented and I have been eagerly anticipating the release of anything fruity into Lush's vast repertoire of cosmetics, and at last my time has come! Cherryish is a delightfully decadent cherry-scented scrub that gently exfoliates with dead sea salt particles and ground cherry stones. Almond oil and cocoa absolute also make for a gorgeous chocolate scent, and illipe and murumuru butter leave the skin feeling soft and full of moisture. It is super important to exfoliate gently, as the scrub can be a little harsh, but it leaves the skin feeling and looking bright.


ROSE BOMBSHELL BATH BOMB


Last but not least, here is a returning favourite that I simply cannot get enough of. The ultimate floral bath bomb, Rose Bombshell has rose oil, yellow rose petals inside, as well as geranium oil and fine sea salt. For anyone who is a fan of the Rose Jam scent, and the perfect gift for someone special. This is a bath bomb I always look forward to seeing released again.


There you have it! My top picks from this year's Lush Valentine's range. Have you tried any of the products yet? What's your favourite? Let me know!

Thanks for reading, until next time!

Rachel x

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. The intro made me laugh because I literally have to ban myself from going into Lush on my lunch hours and stuff, otherwise I'd just easily spend all my wages in there! Their Valentine's range this year is so cute, especially the Love Boat. I don't really like floral scents so I'm glad they've got the cherry one because I'm like you, I love anything cherry! x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, all of my wages go back into them - I'm going to make myself bankrupt one day! There's such a great range this year and there's definitely something for everyone x

      Delete
  2. I am so in love with Lush. I just wish bath bombs were a little cheaper since they're one-time use. I really want to try some of their other products. I've only tried bath bombs and bubble bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are smaller bath bombs for cheaper and you can also cut them in half :) because they're a fair-trade company the majority of the money from the products goes back to the communities they source the ingredients from to ensure they're paid a fair wage x

      Delete
  3. I'm not crazy about bath bombs but I love the Lush moisturising bars (can't remember the name) and that scrub sounds lovely. And anything cherry is obviously amazing x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Massage bars! They're great and there's one available as part of the Valentine's range x

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so pretty and I want it all!!! My boyfriend is the same, he thinks i'm slightly mad at spending crazy amount on a bath bomb that dissolves 😂 I really want to try out these but i'm allergic to pink dye in things like that!! :(


    Karina | http://karinahearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lush so much. I’m a sucker for their seasonal range! It’s all so beautiful and it draws you in. I need to get my hand on some of these before they run out. Great post lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you pick up some products before they disappear! x

      Delete
  6. These look like so LUSH (see what I did there?!) meh never mind, silly joke huh HAHAHA. I love your photography by the way girllll keep it up!xx

    FATIMAH | ROSEYGOLDBOX
    www.roseygoldbox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bath bombs are fantastic and Lush are one of my favourites! I love the look of the love boat and may just have to nip to town and treat myself to one!
    Great post thanks for sharing

    Melanie | www.frasersfunhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cherryish scrub sounds to die for! I'm not a bath bomb kind of person but I love Lush's other products, so I'll definitely be checking out the Valentine's range and trying out the scrub. I also love the sound of the whole lotta love bubbleroon!

    Great post!

    Mary | http://hellomissmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some great shower products available! x

      Delete
  9. I'm on a self imposed Lush ban this year but the little boat is so tempting to get! I do love all the rose scented things but i can easily avoid them as lot of them have bits in them which i don't like. I Think that knowledge is one of the only things stopping me running in to the nearest Lush store x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lush so much all the products are incredible I love a bath so much! I’m going soon so will have to pick up some of these products! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get everything you're after Eden x

      Delete
  11. Ahh at least there's lush to get me through valentine's day! Always love their ranges around this time of year x

    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth checking out! x

      Delete